Thursday, May 3, 2012

Copywriting 1 :: Branding

In our first class, we were asked to come up with three brand names for 1. a cafe serving coffee and pastries, 2. a fine dining french restaurant and 3. a sandwich kiosk.

Here's what I came up with:

1. Tiffin - when I thought of coffee and pastries, the first thing I thought about was delicious, bitter, jet- black coffee and warm, fresh out of the oven, hand made from scratch cakes, pies and puffs with gooey, chunky citrus jams. The hand made notion was what I wanted to convey, and after having a think, I came up with Tiffin. The look and feel would be reminiscent of the 1950's or 60's. Typography-led with intricate details  and patterns from that era.

2. Lavender - when I thought about France, the first image that came to mind was fields of lush, purple lavender.

3. freshh!

We were also shown a couple of cool local brands, which made me think of my own list.

Skinny Pizza & Stripped // In house, Creative Director Jerry DeSouza
P.S. Cafe // Interior by Sacha & Tan
Alldressedup // In house, The Link Group
Raoul // In house, FJ Benjamin
Loysel's Toys // Design by Foreign Policy
Wanderlust // Design by Foreign Policy
Food for Thought // Design by Yong, Somewhere Else
Kith Cafe // Design by Hjgher

Soon Lee & Rockstar // In house
SIFR // In house




No comments:

Post a Comment